Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Oathsworn Vigil Forum Index -> Welcome Center
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferathir Dawnbreaker
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

re: Important Announcements Regarding Raid

Greetings, Vigil!

I have a couple of announcements regarding our raiding team and the way we will be running things hence-forth. The biggest portion of this announcement is that we will be doing away with the concept of Part-Time Raiding all together. This means that, unless you are a part of the core-raiding team, you will not be participating in raids (unless extreme or special circumstances call for it.) As such, I will be purging the list of raiders that were both part-time, as well as inactive raiders. Raiders whom have formally excused themselves for raiding, whether it be due to real life or other circumstances will be placed on a “retired” list until their return. It is the job of these retired raiders to keep a line of communication with the guild open, if they hope to return to the raid team at any point in the future.

Next, I’d like to talk about the addition of a new rank; Oathguard. The Oathguard rank will serve veteran rank for core members and core raiders. While Oathsworn will become the new standard rank for casual members as well as prospect raiders. This will allow us to manage our resources more carefully, and allot more resources to known dedicated members within our guild environment, which leads me to believe this is a step in the right direction. It should be mentioned that there are certain pre-requirements to become an Oathguard, and the perks are said allotted resources. These requirements will be elaborated upon in a later date. 

Lastly, I would like to address the tone in which our raid team operates under. We won’t be going hardcore anytime soon, rest assured. But I seek to create a more focused environment in the coming days. As such, we will be doubling down on enforcing item-level requirements for raids (and their respective difficulties.) For members who fall behind on item-level, it is their responsibility to ensure that they are caught up to the rest of the team and performing up-to par with what the general level of expectations are. This also means that we will be enforcing optimal performance with more aggression, as well. We will be forgiving and understanding in that it takes time to adjust and learn new changes, etc. But if improvements are not made, members who are not sufficiently carrying their own weight will be temporarily removed from the raiding team all together until a solution can be found.

I know this is a long announcement, so I will leave it here, for now. Expect more elaboration in the near future. But like always, if there are any comments, questions or concerns regarding these changes please contact me by whatever means necessary. Poisonmane, Kezona, Lobuz, Tahune and Loneflame may be contacted as well, regarding these changes.

- Ferathir Dawnbreaker, Champion of the Light

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Oathsworn Vigil Forum Index -> Welcome Center All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum